One day you log in Facebook or other social network, but it turns out that your password is incorrect. After several attempts, press the button to reset the password, as it is possible that you have forgotten it, and you decide to verify your email to send the verification code. However, you are surprised that not only your social networks, but also your email and other accounts have been hacked.
While the process of recovering a password is long and tedious, it is best to avoid certain practices from the outset that one can commit as a digital user. That’s why bitdefendera leading global cybersecurity company, shares these tips for the most common ways hackers gain passwords.
- Make it hard for them to guess your password: “12345…”, “qwerty” or “password” are the most common in a large list of emails that hackers have. Let’s opt for long and complex passwords, varying between uppercase and lowercase, without revealing personal information such as birthdays, as they are deductible.
- Don’t reuse one password for multiple accounts: Every day, outdated passwords are leaked onto the dark web, where they are bought or traded for much less than people think. One way to avoid this is to not reuse old passwords with other accounts. Services like Password Manager bitdefenderhelp manage unique and secure keys.
- Beware of Identity Theft: They steal your data via spam emails on behalf of an institution, bank or mobile service provider they are affiliated with and tell them to update data. We need to take a moment to read and identify if the sender’s domain is correct and if it has grammar errors.
- Beware of malware Spyware: Using questionable pages, they disguise themselves to record and write everything you do for data theft and later recovery. If one gets infected with it, it is advisable to have a security solution on your device. The password manager bitdefenderstores all passwords in a secure encrypted space.
- Prevent them from looking “over the shoulder”: Many people, in order not to forget their passwords, usually write them in a physical environment, such as a piece of paper or a post-it. This can be an effective solution if you don’t have company, but in a workplace it poses a major hazard. Let’s try to store our passwords in a unique and safe space, free from physical and virtual attacks.
If you recognize that you are susceptible to password hacking due to the bad practice of these actions, there is still time to prevent it and look for a security solution that backs up your personal information. bitdefender offers full protection against all threats and a password manager in all its presentations. To purchase one of these, enter the following link: https://www.bitdefenderperu.com