If you have a 15 GB Gmail account and you already have it with little space, you can try the tricks we are going to tell you to reduce the space you take up so that you can keep using it for important things.
You may need to take some time with your account gmail without the slightest problem, as 15 GB, with normal use, goes a long way. But maybe in the past few months you’ve discovered that space isn’t that wide anymore and you’re starting to get right with those gigabytes that Google gave you for free.
If at any point you don’t even think about paying to get more space, all you need to do is reduce what you’re currently taking up, and so on. have a decent margin relative to the GB you currently have.
You may be a bit lost and at this point you’re not quite sure what to do to get your Gmail account have enough space enough to continue receiving emails without worry.
Well if you keep reading We are going to tell you some tricks you can do and achieve that the space your messages now take up is much smaller and the margin is again the right one to continue to receive more emails without any problem.
available storage space
Before we get into the matter, it would be helpful to analyze the space we have now so that after performing all the tricks we are going to tell you about, we can see what our exact gain has been.
We can find out what storage space we have by going to the computer and doing the following:
- For example, we open the browser we want in Windows and go to google.com.
- We touch the photo of our profile in the top right corner.
- We select Manage your Google account.
- click on Payments and Subscriptions in the left panel.
- In the section account storagewe click on Manage Storage.
- We will see which Google services are using our storage, such as Google Drive, Google Photos and others. Gmail is shown in red.
We may have many messages in the inbox that are not usable and are part of mailing lists or similar subscriptions.
There is an easy way for us to verify the emails sent automatically.
- We open Gmail on phone or computer to continue searching Gmail “drop out” or “Sign out” including offers. Displays messages with the word unsubscribe, which is often found at the bottom of messages in mailing lists.
- You can also use the Promotions tab, which, as you know, is used by Gmail for this type of email. If we want to include the posts in this tab that we want to delete, we need to do the search within that category. This will list all promotional emails from which we can use the “unsubscribe” option.
- If we use the computer version, we will have it a little easier. We click on the checkbox in the top bar to select all messages at once (the ones you want to unsubscribe from). Then we admit Select all conversations that match this search and then click the trash button to delete all matching messages.
After deleting the emails, in the way we chose, we need to do other steps to delete them from Recycle Binsince the moment an email is deleted, it goes directly to this folder.
To clear it, do the following:
- We open the folder Wastepaper basket in the Gmail sidebar (we may need to do this) click More in the sidebar).
- Now it’s time to push on empty the trash now.
- We check the storage board and see how we have reclaimed quite a bit of space.
What to do with large attachments
Emails with large attachments can also be a problem and take up a lot of storage space, which we may not need because we already have those files.
To see those emails that take up more than 5 MB the following must be done:
- We open Gmail on the phone or desktop.
- Now we perform the following search by size: 5m
When we see the results, we just need to mark the results that we no longer need and delete them as we have already shown you.
If you really want to delete them all, all you have to do is click . to click Select everything and then you can delete them in their entirety, remember that you also need to delete them in the area of Gmail trash.
When we have a lot of old emails that don’t mean anything anymore, all they do is take up storage which could be very useful for us.
We can delete all messages from before a certain date in the following way:
- We open Gmail on the desktop or on the phone, it doesn’t matter.
- We do a search that sets older than and the weather. For example, if we look for older_than:1ywe will see emails that are more than a year old.
- We change the number of years by editing the number before the y if we need it, knowing that months or days can be used with the letters m or drespectively.
Here are the best ways we have right now to make sure our Gmail doesn’t take up space on our account and we can enjoy more the 15 GB that google You grant us as part of the Drive account, which includes all services.
If we run everything you just read, sure we can make space decent again and we can continue to enjoy Google services with enough space. In this way, we do not have to consider buying a version that extends the storage, but it concerns a monthly or annual release.
You can tell us on our social networks which of these methods seemed the most efficient to you and which one saved you more space. We are curious about your experiences and of course we are also happy to help you if you have any questions.