A recent survey by Osiptel shows that 88.4% of households in Peru have a smartphone. As revealed by the agency, the penetration of this type of device grew by more than 22 percentage points in just five years and it is rural areas where this increase has been greatest.
Under this premise, David Guitiérrez Bolívar, PR manager of realme Peru, Colombia and Chile, pointed out that “from the company where we work to offer equipment that allows democratic access to advanced technologies at competitive prices.” For this reason, they have identified some features that Peruvians prefer when buying or renewing a smartphone.
- Compatibility with wearable technology.- In recent years, wearables have complemented the use of mobile phones. This is because devices such as smart watches, bracelets or wireless headphones enhance the technology experience, while their connectivity to mobile devices is important quickly and easily.
- RAM and processor.- The technological growth in smartphones is reflected in the updates of the applications we use every day. Therefore, Peruvians are looking for a device with a large and powerful RAM that makes it “multitasking”. That is, you can connect to the Internet while receiving notifications, watching videos, or sharing your position via GPS.
For their part, manufacturers such as Qualcomm or MediaTek are present in realme smartphones to deliver excellent performance when demanding the maximum from the device, creating content, streaming videos and other tasks that require processing resources.
- Good connectivity.- The connectivity trend is towards 5G and more and more areas already have this coverage. Therefore, many national users find it important to have access to a device that allows them to navigate at this speed and enjoy the many benefits of uploading or downloading content, streaming or living abroad.
- Camera system.- A feature that encompasses not only Peruvians, but the whole world when buying or renewing their equipment, is the camera system. For example, users can take photos or videos and even produce audiovisual content for their social networks, thanks to the different types of lenses included in their phone, and even edit everything directly from their mobile phone, as happens in the Series 9 and GT from Echt.
- Energy autonomy.- On the other hand, there are those who are looking for a smartphone that accompanies them during long hours of study, work or entertainment without having to worry about connecting the phone to a charger. In this sense, the realme C-series offers batteries from 5000mAh for all-day battery life.
- Affordable price.- Perhaps one of the most important characteristics of Peruvians when looking for a new smartphone is the cost. And it is that, the economic situation is not to spend thousands of soles in a team with great features; however, there are options for less than S/. 1000 offering excellent value for money.
This is how the realme C35 is one of the most recent releases from the company, bringing together all the points mentioned above, such as a 5000 mAh battery with a superior power saving mode. This device has a 50MP triple camera with AI and a RAM from 4GB to 6GB.
Undoubtedly, Peruvians are increasingly focusing on certain features depending on their interests when buying smartphones, and for this reason manufacturers like realme are pushing the mobile phone market to facilitate access at really affordable prices.